Here you will find an overview and summary of how we process your personal information (“Personal Data”), the purposes for which we process it, and how you benefit.
What data do we collect?
- The Personal Data that you give to us, e.g., when you create an account, make a purchase, login on our websites, contact us, provide feedback, fill in a form, send us an email, call us, share content on a NPNCanada site or publicly share information about NPN on social media.
- The data that we create (e.g., when you make a purchase), and data that is collected automatically when you access one of our websites or apps, e.g., IP address, device ID, what browser you use or how you interact with NPN sites before or after having a NPN account.
- Data collected from other legitimate sources such as NPN promotional partners, from public sources, data from your interaction with our advertising, or Personal Data that is part of your profile on a social network and that you have made available to us.
Why do we process your Personal Data?
We process your Personal Data, including any sensitive personal data that you have provided to us with your consent, to:
- fill your purchase orders;
- answer your inquiries;
- improve our products, websites, applications and personalize them by collecting demographic information and consumer feedback;
- increase consumer engagement through collecting, using and publishing consumer content such as your profile information, promotional activity, and engagement with website and digital content;
- administering contests, sweepstakes, giveaways, competitions and similar promotions;
- provide you with communications about NPN and our products. We combine your Personal Data from all sources so that we can understand you better to improve and personalize your experience when interacting with us;
- in order to help us comply with the law, to sell or transfer any relevant part of our business, to manage our systems and finances, to conduct investigations and to exercise legal rights.
Who can access your Personal Data and why?
- We limit the disclosure of your Personal Data to others, however we do need to disclose your Personal Data in certain instances and mainly to the following recipients:
- Companies within the NPN Group;
- Third parties engaged by us to provide services such as administering NPN websites, applications and services (e.g. features, programs, and promotions) available to you, subject to appropriate protections;
- Partners for co-sponsored programs or promotions;
- Aggregate demographic or summary information may be shared with third parties but the information shared is anonymous; and
- Relevant public agencies and authorities, if required to do so by law or respond to claims, or protect the safety or rights of Nestlé, its customers or the public.
We may process your Personal Data outside of the country in which you are based for the purposes set out in our privacy page. When we transfer your Personal Data to other countries, we take all necessary reasonable steps to ensure that applicable laws are being followed.